• September active listings are 1430, up 9.5% compared to last year this time
• 323 new properties went under contract, 9.5% higher than September 2011
• 225 closings, 13.1% lower than last year this time
• Average sales of homes is $202,738, up $1,243 from the same time in 2011
• Months of Inventory is 6.4, compared to 5.0 months in September 2011
• Inventory is up, pending sales are up, and closed sales are down 13.1%
• 55 new homes were sold
• New Construction Inventory was 234
The Tri-City real estate market continues to move along at a very rapid pace. Even with the layoffs at the Hanford site, buyer activity remained strong, exceeding August of 2011 by nearly 22%. While buyers are making offers, closings are becoming more predictable and exceeded August of 2011 by 11%. Our home inventory continues to remain steady at just over 1400 homes, with new construction accounting for 16%.
If you have any real estate questions just call or drop me an email and I will be happy to help.